Graduate Environmental Scientist
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve - because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
The opportunity | Ko te āheinga
We are looking for a Graduate Environmental Scientist to contribute towards the consultancy work of Environmental Science group.
Based in our Christchurch or Wellington office, you will be undertaking research, field investigations and preparation of reports related to surface water, groundwater and soils. This may be to monitor the existing environment, assist with the implementation of resource consent requirements, or to help determine - and minimize – the environmental impacts of proposed developments. The projects that you will be working on will often have regional or national significance, such as major infrastructure developments, urban development, transport and water projects that make a significant difference to people’s lives.
You will be working alongside other Environmental Scientists, Project Managers, Team Leads, Ecologists, Planners and Engineers across the region and throughout New Zealand.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Assisting with scientific research, investigations, collection and analysis of data and field samples.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports
- Contributing to proposal and bid development.
- Building client relationships and liaising with stakeholders.
Graduate Environmental Scientist
About you | E pā ana ki a koe
- You'll need a relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology or a related discipline, but just as important will be your personal attributes.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required for this position, as field work will be involved. (Fieldwork may be throughout the Auckland region and New Zealand, including in remote locations.)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Environmental Science, Field Work
What we offer | Nga huanga mōu
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements – including school term contracts, job sharing or part time employment.
- Learning and Talent Development programs.
- Mentoring for your own development.
- Professional Membership.
- Health Insurance | Income Protection Insurance | Life Insurance.
- Service Recognition Awards.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing programs and support.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
- Options to purchase additional leave.
How to apply | I pēhea ki te whakauru
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Have completed your respective degree by December 2022
- Have a full clean current driving license
- Pass drug and alcohol testing and obtain police clearance if required
- Supply your academic transcript to date
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are applying and a reason why we should short list you for interview.
To discuss this position further, please phone Margaret McMeel on 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Applications close on Friday 30th September, 2022.
About us | E pā ki a mātou
The Stantec community unites approximately 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, scientists, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New Zealand-Christchurch, New Zealand-Wellington