Graduate Structural Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
The opportunity | Ko te āheinga
We are looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer for our Auckland Water team. You will support project managers/team leaders by providing appropriate technical solutions to ensure the project is properly managed and the outputs meet the agreed goals.
It couldn't be easier beginning your career in engineering with Stantec. As an Engineering NZ Professional Development Partner, we'll pay your membership fees and assist you to select the right mentor to fast track your path to registration. You'll have the chance to work on leading-edge projects, fully supported by our comprehensive 2 year graduate development programme.
Day to day tasks involve:
- Carry out site surveys, investigations and feasibility studies for proposed projects.
- Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical designs provide appropriate solutions.
- Support specific projects including assisting with planning, co-ordination and report writing.
- Assist with communication and development ongoing contacts with clients as required.
- Organise tender documents, assist in the evaluation of tenders and administration of contracts.
Graduate Structural Engineer
About you | E pā ana ki a koe
Of course you'll need a relevant degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, but just as important will be your personal attributes. You'll be as committed as we are to improving the world we live in, seizing the environmental challenges that we all face and coming up with solutions that will benefit generations to come.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Have completed your respective degree by December 2022
- Have a full clean current driving licence
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
What we offer | Nga huanga mōu
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements – including school term contracts, job sharing or part time employment.
- Learning and Talent Development programs.
- Mentoring for you own development.
- Professional Memberships.
- Health Insurance | Income Protection Insurance | Life Insurance.
- Service Recognition Awards.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing programs and support.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
- Options to purchase additional leave.
How to apply | I pēhea ki te whakauru
Apply directly online. We require you to:
- Supply your transcript to date as part of your CV.
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are applying and why we should short list you for interview.
Applications close on Friday 30th of September 2022.
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
About us | E pā ki a mātou
The Stantec community unites approximately 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!