Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Stantec has an opportunity for a 12D Civil Designer to join an established team of Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and Drafters based in our Townsville office. You will work with a team who are passionate about the delivering solutions in all facets of civil infrastructure, urban development, transport infrastructure and defense works in this region of Queensland. Successful candidates will be developed in a professional and personal sense and provided with an opportunity to forge a challenging and rewarding career path in a successful consultancy.
Salary Band: $75K - $85K p/a
Location: Townsville, QLD
Day to day tasks would involve:
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed designs using 12D (land subdivisions, road infrastructure, drainage, sewer & water systems as well as associated infrastructure)
- Working across a broad client base including State Government, Local Government Authorities and private sector clients
- Ensuring designs take into account associated disciplines such as planning, survey, traffic, electrical and landscaping
- Interacting with clients regarding project needs ensuring that expert and quality service is delivered
To be successful for this role you'll need:
- Demonstrated design/drafting experience within a consulting environment
- Relevant qualifications
- Demonstrated experience using design software including AutoCAD and 12D
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with local authority and state government approval and regulatory requirements
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Genuine Flexible Working Arrangements - Including work from home opportunities, provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment.
- Option to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave.
- Learning and Talent Development Programs - Including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- A friendly team environment, with dedicated and enthusiastic staff committed to producing high quality service and deliverables
- Professional Memberships
- Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
Demonstrated design/drafting experience within a consulting environment
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Design, Drafting
The Stantec community unites approximately 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy, resources, water, environmental, transport and infrastructure projects to life.
Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.