Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Stantec is global consulting firm, with a growing group of Transport professionals in Australia. We provide a comprehensive array of services across transport infrastructure projects encompassing innovative conceptual planning, investigations and feasibility studies, preliminary designs, detailed designs, construction support, contract administration, project management, and advisory services in finance, procurement, and asset management.
Our Transport division has secured significant career defining projects with key Transport authority clients nationally. As such, this has created a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to assist with the delivery of infrastructure solutions to our key clients. This position will be based from any of our South East Queensland offices.
In this role you will:
- \tLead and manage complex projects and programs as the key client interface
- \tDeveloping working relationships, problem solving and driving projects to successful completion
- \tManaging the design and delivery process to achieve the client's requirements and manage stakeholder expectations
- \tReviewing project plans and specifications, scheduling, costs saving measures, discrepancies, potential construction problems, etc.
- \tManaging project timelines, quality, safety, environment and risks
- \tManaging project budgets and advising on options to keep expenditure on track
- \tChairing project meetings with clients and consultants
- \tBeing engaged with reporting, marketing and business development initiatives
To be successful for this role you'll need:
- \tA recognised Degree qualification relating to a technical field or Project Management
- \tAbility to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- \tPrevious experience working on major infrastructure projects, preferably roads and highways.
- \tDetailed understanding of program controls and governance including requirements for project gateway reviews
- \tGood leadership and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and where appropriate lead a team
- \tExcellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- \tAbility to respond quickly to change.
- \tHighly motivated with a team culture focus and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients.
- \tHave the ability to work both independently and within talented / diverse project teams.
Along with an attractive salary and vibrant culture, we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- \tLearning and Talent Development Programs
- \tPurchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave
- \tProfessional Memberships
- \tSalary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
- \tMental Health and Wellbeing Programs
- \tService Recognition Awards
- \tEmployee Assistance Program
Senior Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Project Management
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!