Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
The opportunity | Ko te āheinga
You'll join a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists where you will be supported by our Geotechnical leadership to deliver great project outcomes. You’ll be involved in a range of engineering projects from transportation including bridges and other transportation infrastructure, and water and wastewater infrastructure throughout New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
A typical week could see you planning and undertaking site investigations, carrying out geotechnical assessments, designing retaining walls, foundations, slope stabilisation measures, ground improvements or pile design, delivering detailed technical engineering reports and managing the construction of these structures. You'll provide advice to clients and provide input to successful project solutions.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Determining internal and external client requirements
- Conducting and manage field data acquisition, site investigations and testing
- Producing calculations, reporting, specifications and drawings to ensure that geotechnical designs provide appropriate solutions
- Providing quality check and review experience to an appropriate technical standard
- Providing geotechnical expertise to meet project needs
- Planning and delivering geotechnical project inputs to the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to agreed quality standards
Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
About you | E pā ana ki a koe
To be a degree qualified Geotechnical engineer with 3+ years’ experience and working towards CPEng, ideally in the engineering consulting and contracting industries. Previous experience in New Zealand, Australia or Asia Pacific would be useful. You'll have a strong background in design, ideally in the bridging, transportation and water sectors and be familiar with industry standard design software.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time working
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programs
- Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply | I pēhea ki te whakauru
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Applications close Monday 30th January 2023
About us | E pā ki a mātou
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.