Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Hastings
Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
The opportunity | Ko te āheinga
You'll join a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the national geotechnical group and global community. You’ll be involved in a range of engineering projects in transportation, and water and wastewater infrastructure throughout New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
A typical week could see you overseeing site investigation planning, carrying out geotechnical assessments, designing retaining walls, foundations, slope stabilisation measures, ground improvements or pile design, delivering detailed technical engineering reports and managing the construction of these structures. You'll provide advice to clients and provide input to successful project solutions. You'll provide high-end advice to clients and lead and develop innovative and successful project solutions. Mentoring, training and developing other members in the team will also be a key part of the role.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Determine internal and external client requirements
- Conduct and manage field data acquisition, site investigations and testing
- Produce calculations, reporting, specifications and drawings to ensure that geotechnical designs provide appropriate solutions
- Provide quality check and review experience to an appropriate technical standard
- Provide geotechnical expertise to meet project needs
- Plan, program and coordinate geotechnical projects, as a technical leader, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to agreed quality standards
- Develop and mentor junior staff
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Hastings
About you | E pā ana ki a koe
To be a degree qualified Geotechnical engineer with 8+ years’ experience, in the engineering consulting and contracting industries including previous experience in New Zealand, Australia or Asia Pacific. You’ll be familiar with retaining walls, reinforced soil slopes, shallow and deep piles, ground improvements and seismic interactions, plus experience with earthworks, slope stability, risk assessments, foundation design, interpretation of investigation results, developing reports, specification and drawings for water, building and transport infrastructure, but not exclusively.. You'll also need a track record of managing client relationships and winning work and CPEng or working towards chartership is essential.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Geotechnical Engineering
What we offer | Nga huanga mōu
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programs, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development
- Professional Memberships
- Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
- Service Recognition Awards
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply | I pēhea ki te whakauru
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Applications close Monday 30th January 2023
About us | E pā ki a mātou
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.