Global Desktop Administrator - ANZ
Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
We are looking for a Global Desktop Administrator who would be responsible for designing and implementing solutions to maintain the desktop environment, using: Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) for application installation and deployment, baseline configuration management, and reporting; and Group Policy Objects to enforce baseline standards. Providing support for the noted tools, practices, and day-to-day activities of the desktop support environment.
Key process areas that this role will provide management and subject matter expertise include: Major Incident, Problem, Request Fulfillment, Knowledge Management, and Continual Process Improvement.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- ConfigMgr Application Setup and Deployment
- Manage ConfigMgr Operating System Deployment (OSD) implementation.
- Manage ConfigMgr Software Update Point (SUP).
- Document or revise user and technician training manuals and procedures related to the Desktop environment.
- Package, test, and deploy automated desktop application installations within a ConfigMgr framework.
- Create collections and deployments for mass software distribution.
- Develop and execute enterprise workstation imaging and deployment methodologies.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of the Microsoft ConfigMgr Platform.
- Work with vendors for support with resolving issues and developing/maintaining platform strategy.
- Coordinate application updates
- Define, maintain, and develop new standard Desktop Support operating procedures (OS imaging, GPO End Point Controls, Baseline Applications, etc.)
- Define, maintain and develop secure data management on devices (e.g. workstation encryption)
Support and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting and assistance related to defined GDA services
- Coordination with problem manager for escalation and resolution of items impacting the Desktop environment
- Craft effective and professional communications for changes within the Desktop environment (application, GPO, etc.)
Global Desktop Administrator - ANZ
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a related role
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: IT/IS
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing are ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Apply directly online. Applications close Tuesday 6th December 2022.
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Salary Averages from Phil
$60,000 to $80,000 AUD, $50,000 to $70,000 NZD
Australia-flexible, New Zealand
Australia, New Zealand