Job Type: Full time
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt. We deliver. These values are the driving force behind everything we do. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and we’ll achieve year-on-year reductions in our emissions intensity.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent to hold the responsibility for all maintenance activities by leading multi-skilled teams to effectively carry out routine and priority maintenance. The incumbent will also promote sharing of resources across other areas and ensure all maintenance activities support the safe, environmentally compliant and economic generation of electricity to meet business requirements.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this is a permanent role based at Tarong Power Stations near Nanango, primarily responsible for the Fuel teams (milling plant, workshop, coal conveying and supply).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coach and guide employees and support their growth and development to enable the accomplishment of key goals.
- Inspire and mentor team members to achieve high levels of individual team performance that foster positive customer feedback, cooperation, and compliance with high work standards.
- Be fully accountable for the planning and scheduling processes within the team.
- Foster effective work relationships with all Maintenance, Operations and Engineering teams in relation to plant availability, reliability and performance targets.
- Actively lead the team through periods of change and workload variability.
- Provide safety leadership by setting strong examples, monitoring and managing compliance with health and safety requirements of the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have a strong maintenance background, ideally with over 10 years of extensive experience with large thermal power station plants and equipment. A current mechanical or electrical trade with post trade qualifications in an appropriate engineering discipline is essential. Higher qualifications in a front-line management discipline is highly desirable. They will also have proven success in leading and mentoring a multi-skilled team to effectively carry out work in a timely and consistent manner.
Other preferred skills and experience include:
- Demonstrated commitment to develop, support and maintain a cohesive multi-skilled team environment.
- Experience in resolution of staff conflict issues and performance management processes.
- Experience working cooperatively with multiple work teams across site to resolve plant performance related issues.
- Strong business acumen with the site’s operational budget areas.
- Experience in maintenance planning/scheduling (desirable).
How to apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications Close: 11:55pm, 9 December 2022
Please note it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete pre-employment checks.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.