Electrical Engineer Graduate
Job Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for our next cohort of graduates that will be shaping the future of the energy industry. It is an exciting time to join our industry and Stanwell’s Graduate Program and grow and develop under the guidance of industry experts.
About the position
Two Electrical Engineering positions on offer
This is your opportunity to be part of the future of electricity generation in an exciting Electrical Engineering Graduate Program that is designed to accelerate your career.
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Investigate and make recommendations to correct plant failures.
- Interpret and revise drawings and instruction manuals / procedures.
- Use safe plant isolation systems.
- Focus on plant long term health.
- Ensure relevant standards are followed.
- Develop and recommend an engineering solution(s), instruct drafters in respect of drawings required, prepare technical specification if required.
- Provide support to individuals, the team and management.
- Be actively involved in strategic planning for the station.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with a base salary of $106,196 in your first year, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, experienced electrical engineers and graduate program coordinator.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Use your passion for learning with a positive attitude and take initiative to achieve outcomes.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering concepts, principles, methodologies and techniques.
- Well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Able to logically follow systems and associated processes.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all areas of the business.
- Adequate computer literacy.
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 31 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.