Site Services Officer
Job Type: Full time
- We Care, We Adapt, We Deliver
- The future in Australian Energy
- Tarong Site Services Officer
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
We care. We adapt. We deliver. These values are the driving force behind everything we do. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we will contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets, and we will achieve year-on-year reductions in our emissions intensity.
Stanwell’s Tarong Power Stations are a supplier for energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia. Located 15 mins drive from Nanango and 30 mins drive from Kingaroy.
About the role
There are full-time opportunities for Site Service Officers at our Tarong Operation, located in South Burnett.
The purpose of these roles is to perform the Construction Management for site operating and capital projects by ensuring effective co-ordination of site stakeholders and the utilisation of contractors to effectively deliver projects.
Key activities include:
- Monitor, inspect, review, approve and negotiate changes to contract service providers’ quality of workmanship, safety and environment plans, ITPs, KPIs and KRAs to ensure performance meets Stanwell’s requirements.
- Provide construction management oversight and control all construction and HSE aspects of the Project daily in accordance with Stanwell's systems and processes and the Projects Management Plans.
- Compliance with the Stanwell safe system of work, policies and procedures when conducting workplace activities. Legal requirements regarding health and safety are met.
- Ensure work activities are compliant and the potential for any deviation from scope or activity is effectively accessed and communicated.
- provide a source of scheduling information and expertise of major packaged works to external contractors.
The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Demonstrated capacity to understand mechanical or electrical trade practices appropriate to a large power station’ processes.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in maintenance or operational role in a larger power station or heavy industrial environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both site and contract-based work teams including external contract administrators and or business owners.
- Site Officer In Charge of Work competencies in Safe System of Work.
- Demonstrated ability to clarify and understand contract work requests from Project managers and develop practical solutions to contractual issues.
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
- 4 day work week
- BIBO from Kingaroy & Nanango
- Weekly pay
- Incentive scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives available
- Access to learning and development on and off the job
- IP/TPD insurance units for Brighter Super members
- Exceptional safety culture
- Plus, a whole lot more!
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 09 June 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.