Lead Certifier - Rail Systems
Job Type: Full time
SYSTRA is a global engineering consultancy that provides services across transportation, technology, and security sectors. With more than 8,400 professional employees, our engineering capabilities ensure we deliver world-class, safe and sustainable solutions to projects around the world.
When you join SYSTRA ANZ you can expect to be part of a connected, passionate team that are motivated to find innovative solutions. SYSTRA ANZ is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values difference. We provide a collaborative environment, supporting our employees to achieve career goals and maximise their potential.
You will lead the technical coordination and delivery of certification activities across a Rail / Metro Systems disciplines, harnessing Specialist/SME resource as required and building a supporting "Community of Practice".
Your new role:
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the principal, delivery partners to coordinate Independent Certifier resources/review activities (including site visits and inspections as required);
- Work with the Principal, the Independent Certifier leadership, and Specialists (as required) to define and agree the risk-based certification approach and accompanying certification activities.
- Attend compliance alignment sessions to reduce the risk of issues arising at Design Stage 3 Design Documentation reviews.
- Attend design review meetings as required with the Delivery Partners and the Principal.
- Review design/completions evidence from the Delivery Partners and draft specialist assistance as required.
- Review comments provided by Specialists and SMEs ensuring comments are within scope of the Services.
- Ensure timely delivery of the Independent Certifier reviews and documentation.
- Advise the IC Systems and Integration Manager when Independent Certifier documentation is ready for client submission; and
- Conduct team meetings, lessons learnt, specialist onboarding/mentoring sessions and pastoral care activities, to promote knowledge transfer and create a supporting (and supportive) "Community of Practice".
Required qualifications & experience:
- Appropriately qualified with experience on major projects in relevant roles with recent (within 5 years) experience on verification and certification projects in Australia or Internationally
- recent and close exposure to verification and certification processes and activities on major rail projects.
- strong understanding of the legislation, standards, and processes common to major rail projects;
- strong ability to drive outcomes across complex and highly integrated project environments with a focus on their respective discipline areas/package (Tunnelling, Stations, or Rail Systems).
Benefits of working at SYSTRA:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing professional development, including support to obtain Chartership status
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Professional memberships and subscriptions
- Flexible working options
- Paid parental leave
- Diverse & inclusive work environment
- Work 180 endorsed
- Generous employee referral incentives
At SYSTRA ANZ we provide a flexible working environment and value diversity of thought and experience. We encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Our values are centered around Connected Teams, Excellence and Bold Leadership