Team Manager - Online Customer Fulfilment Centre
Job Type: Full time
Target Australia Pty Ltd
Who are We?
At Target, we’re getting back to what we’re famous for - real quality, that’s really affordable.
We’re making products that stand up to the test of everyday life, at prices that don’t cost the earth.
We’re making mums happy. Kids smile. Family life, that little bit easier.
We’re making sure every Australian can enjoy our products, whilst making a positive difference to our planet so families can trust and rely on us for generations to come.
That’s the Target Australians needs right now. And that’s the Target we’re here to be.
As an iconic Australian retailer with over 115 stores nationally and a rapidly growing online presence, we’re immensely proud of our history and need people to join us who are as excited by our future as we are.
That's Target !
What will you do?
We are seeking an experienced Team Manager to join our DC Operational Team at our site in Richlands Qld.
As the Team Manager you will support Target Distribution Centre operations by leading and managing Team Leaders and Team Members in the Distribution Centre to ensure inbound orders are unpacked and processed or held in replenishment stock, merchandise is then picked or sorted for dispatch to stores or customers, at a best in class service level, in a safe and cost efficient environment. Team managers must lead with Target values (Teamwork, Respect, Ethical, Accountable & Deliver results)
Other key responsibilities may include:
- Proactive safety and compliance leadership
- Operational leadership of our team members
- Accountability for the performance of your team
- Development of the team to maximise individual and team output
- Seeking continuous improvement opportunities and implementing plans to maximise these
- Delivering results in line with expected standards of work in each area
- Providing a high level of customer service to our retail stores
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have good working experience in a similar role with demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills within a DC operation. Previous exposure to warehouse management systems is essential as is strong safety and compliance knowledge within a DC environment, along with effective methods to train, coach and inspire a diverse group of team members, effective communication skills with the ability to influence others and proven skills in managing to operational KPIs. This role will include working afternoon shifts, evenings and weekends on a rotating roster.
- Previous warehouse experience including ecommerce capability
- Technical knowledge of warehouse management systems highly regarded
- Experience leading and developing teams within a Distribution Centre environment
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications an advantage (e.g. Certificate III in Warehouse Operations)
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management an advantage
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and experience, our people work together and champion the Target values and behaviours. We are a business where our values and people matter, and we need like-minded people to join us!
What will you get?
Target has some great benefits, including:
- Great career opportunities across the Wesfarmers Group
- Team Member discounts across Target, Kmart,Bunnings,Officeworks and Catch Membership.
- A free One Pass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible product
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Convenient location next to freeway and train station, with free onsite parking and a café!
- Novated leasing options
- Paid parental leave scheme
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity in Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)and to participate in a bonus program (where eligible).
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
“We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”