Regional Manager -Victoria
Job Type: Full time
Target Australia Pty Ltd
Who are We?
At Target, we’ve always been here to help families live better. But right now, we can see that what ‘better’ means is changing. Better means making choices that can change the world. Better is about a life that’s lived, not with more things, but with things that mean more. A life where quality is always valued over quantity. Where beauty is born from style and substance in equal measure. A better way of life, that’s within easy reach of all. That’s why everything from the products we make to the experience we create, is crafted with intention and a single purpose…To inspire families to live better.
Are you serious about your career progression? Do you want to see real growth opportunities beyond where you are now and well into your future?
We are looking for an experienced Regional Manager to join our amazing team in Victoria. Beyond that, we're seeking individuals who are looking to be developed further and have a strong desire to progress into GM level roles!
As an iconic Australian retailer with over 115 stores nationally and a rapidly growing online presence, we’re immensely proud of our history and need people to join us who are as excited by our future as we are.
What will you do?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is a role where you will have a clearly defined purpose – one where Customers is at the heart of your process and the next is to Lead and develop store teams within the region, including online and click and collect to maximise profits and enhance the customer experiences while minimising costs in line with Target’s values. The Regional Sales Manager is a pivotal role in which you are coaching and mentoring your stores teams to continued success with the mantra of "Be Better" everyday. Your ability to drive a high performance culture and be a strong story teller will be key to your success including strong influencing language skills.
This role will involve leading and developing stores from Region 2, which includes stores from locations across Albury, Chirnside Park, Eastland, Forest Hill, Glen Waverly, Greensborough, Knox, Northland, Plenty Valley, Shepparton, Wangaratta and Wodonga.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Deliver top line sales, net income, and EBIT targets in region, by coaching and developing store teams
- Control remuneration costs and maximise profit by reducing shrink.
- Know and understand the operating environment (internal and external)
- Develop productive relationships with external parties in your operating environment
- Operate with commerciality to maximise profit
- Strategic business and future growth planning , Share best practice with peers and to deliver clear, consistent, timely and effective communications
- Ensure there is an optimised workforce plan implemented in all stores by having the right people at the right time in the right roles (recruiting, retention, rostering, return to work)
- Set clear expectations, priorities, and deliverables with management team
- Effective performance management including
- Coach, develop, motivate, and engage teams, including peers, to maximise capability
- Know and understand your customer base, loyalty, demographics
- Consider customer impacts in all commercial and operational decision making
- Proactively seek, interpret, and take action on customer feedback (customer shop experiences, listening groups)
- Inspire a team mindset to deliver store standards and processes with a customer centric approach
- Accountable for a safe workplace by identifying and reporting safety concerns and leading by example by maintaining a safe working environment and demonstrating safe working behaviour and ensuring team members receive appropriate safety training.
- Target Values and Procedures
- Comply with Target’s Code of Conduct, Values and policies, risk management arrangements, statements of responsibilities, manuals, guidelines and procedures including, without limitation, those relating to personal behaviour, work health and safety, equity and diversity and information
What are we looking for?
What amazing looks like in our ideal candidate is someone who can build effective teams and openness by coaching and developing teams with customer centric mindset. You will show strong leadership and results driven traits, be highly motivated and have strong people management skills. A strong retail management background including multi-site management.
This role is highly visible with senior and executive leadership at Target and is a great pathway for an ambitious individual who has desire to progress within the organisation and be fast tracked to senior operations role position and to build a successful career within Target and the broader Group.
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following capabilities and experience:
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions through omni channels
- Assigning meaning to the collected information and determining the conclusions, significance, and implications of the findings
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Enabling data to be used to solve business problems by reviewing the availability, suitability and outlines the approach required to make decisions
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages stakeholders to enable effective delivery of work whilst anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Manages stakeholders to enable effective delivery of work
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Embracing, adapting and influencing through organisational change and understanding the impacts of delivering results
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Using insights to gain support of others whilst influencing the commitment and outcome
- Manoeuvring comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
Builds effective teams
- Demonstrates continuous growth and learning and supports the development of others
- Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Effectively manages performance both in-store and virtual environments to ensure clarity, accountability and equity in measuring performance
What will you get?
Target has some great benefits, including:
- Great career opportunities across the Wesfarmers Group
- Team Member discounts across Target, Kmart, Bunnings and Officeworks.
- A free One Pass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible product
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Convenient location next to freeway and train station, with free onsite parking and a café!
- Novated leasing options
- Paid parental leave scheme
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity in Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible) and to participate in a bonus program (where eligible).
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
“We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”