Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role: Warehouse Storeperson
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Storeperson to join our Above-Water Systems (AWS) team based at the Naval base in Garden Island. This role will play a key part in ensuring that all spares orders are picked and packed in a timely manner, ensuring order due dates are achieved.
As a Warehouse Storeperson, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the maintenance team in picking parts required for maintenance orders
- Transferring parts to the required location to satisfy scheduled maintenance activities
- Conducting daily cycle counting of inventory and correcting any errors found
- Analysing and addressing causes of stock errors
- Rotating product subject to shelf life efficiently to reduce wastage
- Ensuring that no out of date product is left in any stores locations
- Unloading goods from delivery trucks.
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods.
- Moving the goods to the correct area in the warehouse, either manually or using mechanical handling equipment.
How About You?
- Must have forklift licence
- Must have Valid NSW drivers licence
- Basic computer skills including Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Manual handling knowledge and techniques
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary + Overtime pay + Shift Allowance
- Great professional development opportunities
- Rostered days off
- Family Support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Broad range of employee discounts
- Great colleagues and culture
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.