Software / Network Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Software / Network Engineer to join our team based in Rydalmere. As part of our Underwater Systems group, you will be responsible for development of systems and networks configurations within key and critical defence projects.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer practitioner.
- Network Engineering:
- Switching and routing Network IP experience in Layers 2 and 3
- Routing – experience in configuring and troubleshooting OSPF (or BGP or other), VRF
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting PIM SM Multicast routing
- Experience managing/integrating multi-vendor networks, troubleshooting, identifying and resolving issues
- Experience in configuring network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds or others
- Software development experience with High Level Language (C++, Java).
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- High level planning and time-management skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to write clear, concise documents containing technical detail.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes
- Holds / has held Security Clearance, or able and eligible to apply for NV1 security clearance (Australian Citizenship is a mandatory requirement for clearance)
Industry certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required.
A Software Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills using network analysers such as wireshark.
- Experience in SNMP control and monitoring of networks. Experience in writing - Expect or Bash scripts
- Experience in using Ansible or other orchestration tools/scripts to manage networks
- Experience configuring Linux operating systems, highly regarded (i.e., esp, for network)
- Debugging network issues in a Linux OS environment, i.e., Redhat Linux
- Experience in Network Authentication, integrated with Linux, highly regarded
- Experience in raising tickets (issues) with Network vendors and following - through to resolution
- Experience with embedded Network switches, highly regarded
- Experience/knowledge of Software Defined Networks
- Knowledge of Military Standards.
- Knowledge of Royal Australia Navy technical regulations is desirable.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.