Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role: Simulator Technician
As part of our Avionics group, you will join our high performing Training and Simulation team which delivers both simulation products and training services to Defence and Civil customers in Australia.
Based at Oakey, Toowoomba region QLD, the role of the Simulator Technician will see you working closely and collaborating with the multiple different departments and suppliers to operate and maintain the multiple simulator devices present within the facility. This is a pivotal role that partners with our key customers and stakeholders.
- Operate and maintain the simulator
- Carrying out corrective maintenance and actions as required
- Maintaining tools and test equipment, and ensuring equipment is in calibration
- Maintaining records and documentation
- Acting and undertaking duties as a Self-Certifying Maintainer (SCM) when authorised
- Utilising spares and carrying out repairs to ensure that the simulator meets contracted availability requirements
- Maintaining a sound working relationship with the customer and other relevant stakeholders
- Interacting and working with management/employees to promote teamwork
- Assisting the Senior Simulator Technicians as required
How About You?
- Qualifications in Avionics, Electronics, Computer IT or similar fields
- Experience as a Simulator Technician or technical workshop environment
- Strong customer relationship
- Sound interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work on a shift pattern that includes Early Morning, Afternoon and Late Shifts
- Must hold a current Drivers Licence.
- Be eligible or hold Australian Defence Security Clearance – NV1
What you’ll get
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Great professional development opportunities
- ThalesFlex – flexibility working is our everyday
- Family Support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Broad range of employee discounts
- Team activities and Family days
- Great colleagues and culture
- On-site parking and canteen
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.