Senior Software Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team based in Rydalmere. As part of our Avionics (AVS) group, you will be responsible for the execution of activities across Systems and Software tasks within AVS projects.
Systems Engineering Tasks:
- Requirements elicitation, analysis and development, ensure traceability of all requirements
- Development of mission / function descriptions, architectural design and requirements documentation.
- Conduct trade studies to assist with the selection of solutions and/or associated technologies.
- Development of product specifications and detailed design documentation.
- Procurement, development, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Verification and validation of solutions against established requirements.
- Report on progress of assigned engineering tasks and escalate any risks to schedule or milestones to the supervising engineer.
Software Engineering Tasks:
The Senior Software Engineer will undertake assigned tasks in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including
- Software requirements management, software solution orientation, software design, implementation, integration and test.
- Implement software designs in C, C++ and/or other languages and technologies utilising tools provided by a Software Development Environment.
- Undertake development and maintenance of the Software Development Environment including the maintenance of Software Configuration
- Experience in Software Engineering, and Information and Communication Technology systems and implementation of systems through a development lifecycle.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and exposure to other high-level languages
- Understanding of software development methodologies and best practice.
- Experience in Systems Engineering and the execution of systems engineering processes.
- Experience in the engineering lifecycle, including experience in requirements management, Design, Development, Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of quality concepts, standards, systems and programs
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organisational and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail orientated and organised.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.