Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Join Thales?
- Join the exciting, challenging and fast-paced Integrated Weapons & Sensors business unit.
- Opportunities for internal career development
- We operate with a collaborative approach with customers, industry partners, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Join a diverse and growing IWS Business Unit that designs, manufactures and supports weapons for civilian and military customers including the Australian Defence Force
About Your Role: Quality Control Officer & CI Officer
This is an opportunity for an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join our Integrated Weapons and Sensors team based on-site in Lithgow. In this role, you will provide specialist quality control and assurance activities to support the manufacturing production line. This is a critical role that will support Senior leaders and the team in delivering a quality product to our customers.
- Conduct scheduled daily batch control quality sampling inspections within manufacturing cells
- Prepare and undertake process confirmations as evidence controls are being checked and write reports with recommendations on how to improve
- Support process improvement initiatives within the production line
- Support the CI team to develop and deploy LEAN improvements across the operation
- Attend manufacturing process reviews to improve controls
- Analyse and manage the Quality Assurance data to support improvements
- Conduct in-process internal audit
How About You?
- Trade certificate in Machining/Toolmaking or a Relevant Trade
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and or production environment
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to multi-task and keep to a schedule
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements
- Communications skills including the ability to prepare and present reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Access, power point
What you’ll get
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Great professional development opportunities
- ThalesFlex – flexibility working is our everyday
- Family Support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Broad range of employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.