Quality Assurance Manager
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The main responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager position include:
- Checking that the technical and non-technical requirements of the Customer are recorded, understood and managed efficiently by all members of team
- Checking that deliverables comply with the Customer's requirements and with the applicable regulations and standards
- Supporting teams in applying processes, identifying risks and resolving problems
- Supporting teams to ensure objectives/criteria for each of the engineering project gates are achieved
- Monitoring and assessing execution of plans, evaluating achievements at key milestones and deliverables, and providing visibility through "Quality Advice“
- Providing visibility to the management and alerting when necessary; raising a veto in case of non-compliance not properly addressed or in case of a critical event/situation generating a major risk for the program or for the company
The role will encompass Quality Leadership and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Discipline Directors in the development of the maturity of the OneSKY organisation (including assessments and follow-up actions), in line with the target Operating Model defined for AMS
- Developing operational quality through transverse quality activities (detection, analysis, prevention, methodologies, support, coaching, lessons learnt...)
- Contributing to promoting a culture of quality and to the empowerment of the engineering teams enabling them to take responsibility for the Quality and promoting Continuous Improvement
- Helping to identify and address major performance gaps and improve poor performing areas
- Supporting the Discipline Directors to deliver quality, schedule and cost, in line with the committed schedule through the optimization of the discipline practices.
- Improving the ability to resolve ongoing discipline issues by utilising an independent view and expertise on problem resolution
- Supporting the preparation and the conduct of external transversal audits for their discipline (e.g. ISO).
- Tertiary Qualifications in system or software engineering.
- Audit Qualifications background or qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering
- Understanding of systems/software engineering principles and lifecycles as well as configuration management processes
- Demonstrated ability in applying quality assurance principles in delivery of products and services, ideally within a project-based organisation
- Strategic influencing skills including the ability to promote improvement at all levels and across all areas of the organisation.
- Diplomacy skills including the ability to withstand pressures and say 'no' to other managers when quality is insufficient, or processes are not being adhered to.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements.
- Excellent communications skills including written and verbal English skills, the ability to prepare and present reports to a range of audiences.
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.