Quality Compliance Officer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Quality Compliance Officer to join our team based in Sydney Olympic Park.
Working across the organisation, the Quality Compliance Officer is focused on the development and delivery of the Quality Compliance Framework, and fostering relationship management and communication to build and promote the Quality Compliance culture within Thales.
As a Compliance Officer, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Development, Implementation and facilitation of the Quality Compliance Framework including Corporate Compliance program activities, and corporate governance duties
- Develop plans for quality compliance strategy to achieve agreed targets, and effective planning.
- Develop and deliver education and training programs to staff and stakeholders on quality compliance.
- Monitor and appraise the regulatory environment; and in conjunction with the Head of Quality - Management Systems, evaluate the impacts on Thales AUS and its operations.
- Monitor and assess quality systems to ensure it complies with industry, as well as corporate and regulatory policies and requirements.
- Develop and manage a master register of non-compliance risks and actively work with management and other stakeholders in ensuring that identified risks are effectively managed.
- Design, implement and maintain the Quality Audit scorecard.
- Manage and perform internal core process compliance audits and process assessments.
- Lead and/or participate in management of corrective actions to ensure timely follow-up, completion and validation of corrective actions effectiveness.
- Conduct data and trend analysis of identified audit/assessment root causes to prevent recurring issues.
- Advise the business of any non-compliance issues identified through an internal audit, or though the course of usual business.
- Co-ordinate & influence improvement in Non-Conformance management practices through monitoring and reporting
Your experience will include:
- A comprehensive understanding of quality and risk management principles, framework and methodology.
- Minimum 5 -10 years in a similar compliance role.
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in accreditation processes, including performance and coordinating internal audits and preparation of relevant documentation.
- Diplomacy skills including the ability to withstand pressures and challenge and say 'no' when level of quality compliance is insufficient, or processes are not being adhered to.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.