Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Commodity Manager or Category Buyer to join our Sydney team.
The Category Buyer will be accountable for end to end performance of the acquisition process, and lead supplier selection exercises to support business needs. The role will be responsible for supplier relationship management, and continuous improvement of suppliers within category, and the management of suppliers performance including, but not limited to, quality, cost, delivery, contractual performance and innovation.
An essential element of this role is to ensure that suppliers provide the competitiveness required to support the business, and to introduce optimal supply base changes to support business winning capability. Other responsibilities include:
- Category operational performance (quality, on-time delivery, supply risk assessment, etc)
- Category compliance with policy suppliers based on both commitment and spend
- Creation of specific contract(s) where there is a business need
- Operational Support and ensuring accurate and complete information to raise the Procurement Orders.
- Monitor the markets for defined categories including key players, newcomers, economic evolutions, market or regulation constraints, innovations and technology in order to support the development of the most up to date category strategies to the businesses.
- Provide insights as to how products / projects could be more competitive via the adoption of different suppliers / methodologies / technology etc.
- Ensure appropriate governance is applied using KPI's and root cause corrective actions
- Performance management of the supply base in line with Thales global category standards
- Ensure that supplier competitions follow the governance process and are balanced and fair in order to improve business and customer performance.
- Ensure that global contracts / framework agreements are adopted and utilised.
- Ensure that Thales e-Acquisition and Thales procurement tools are fully used.
- Performance management of the supply base and focused development actions
Skills and Experience requirements:
- 7+ years experience in Procurement.
- Recognised professional qualification (CIPS, EIPM, ISM, MAI...) desirable
- Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or Engineering degrees are desirable coupled with other professional qualifications (e.g.) in Project Management
- Experience of interactions with senior management and senior stakeholders, in a complex project environment.
- Experience & ability to define and to implement category / commodity strategy.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.