Manufacturing Engineering Technician - Toolmaker
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About your role:
Lithgow small arms facility manages defence weaponry refurbishment programs as well as supporting weapon design and development projects for the Australian Defence Force.
Reporting to the Toolroom Supervisor, this role is responsible for safely & efficiently performing Toolroom tasks to the required specifications. You will work within a wider team that is involved with production planning, process development and prototype manufacturing.
- Operate Toolroom machines effectively and in accordance with relevant JSEA’s, carry out equipment pre starts, complete Plant risk assessments
- Under the general direction of the Supervisor:
- Carry out Risk Assessments for all processes prior to commencing operations and that risks are effectively controlled
- Utilise a range of manual and CNC equipment to manufacture, tools, gauges, fixtures, components and prototypes.
- Ensure quality of your own output meets specifications and requirements
- Work to schedule, maintain progress status of own tasks on Visual management tools
- Carry out one on one training of apprentices and junior personnel
- Interact and work with management, employees and customers to promote teamwork
- Actively and effectively participate in Continuous Improvement and LEAN manufacturing initiatives
How About You?
- Cert III Mechanical Trade (Toolmaking) or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with good understanding of CNC machining
- Understanding of gauging, fixturing design and press tool manufacture would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of the Defence and/or Manufacturing industry would be highly advantageous
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.