Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Being an Apprentice at Thales, you’ll have a job that matters to us, to you and to everyone. Over the 4 year program you will have the chance to learn the technicalities of your trade at school and then apply this to a supportive environment whilst you learn on the job.
What can you expect?
We are seeking an ambitious and dedicated Apprentice Electrician to join our team in Benalla. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting our experienced electricians in the maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical systems and equipment.
As part of the Maintenance & Services Team, the Apprentice - Electrician will be committed to a competency-based apprenticeship with the aim of obtaining a UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician and an A Class Electrical Licence upon successful completion.
- Develop an understanding and skill in using all trade tools and test equipment.
- Be committed to completing apprenticeship studies and gaining all relevant competencies in a timely manner.
- Learn how to manufacture, fit, assemble, erect, operate, test, fault find, alter, repair electrical equipment, including electrical wiring work directly associated with assembling, maintaining, terminating or altering the wiring between electrical components within a plant or machinery.
- Learn to work and understand drawings, wiring diagrams, manufacturers specifications and relevant Australian Standards.
- Learn the skills and gain the competencies required to perform electrical installations including Industrial, Domestic and Hazardous Areas.
- Learn to test, repair and overhaul electrical installations and equipment.
- Learn to fault find processes, control systems and electrical equipment.
- Learn to work to and understand relevant business processes, systems, procedures, policies, instructions and schedules.
How about you?
Thales people are a diverse group of game changers reimagining the world. We focus mostly on a great attitude and willingness to learn, but most importantly you will also:
- Have completed year 12 studies at a minimum
- Have great communication skills and enjoy interacting with different groups of people
- The ability to complete all stages of training and gain competencies in both the theoretical and practical environments.
- Obtain completion of the apprenticeship UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician and attainment of an A Class Electrical License.
- Build relationships and gain respect from existing tradespeople and maintenance support staff.
- Shift work maybe required.
- Scheduled weekend and RDO maintenance will be required.
- Availability during facility shutdown periods as required.
- Rotate throughout work areas as directed
- Assist in ensuring a harmonious work environment in all departments that you are working with by upholding Thales's four key values.
- Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures.
This is a full-time position with on-the-job training provided. If you are a motivated individual looking to start or continue your career in the electrical industry, we encourage you to apply.
And now the fine print!
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, and hence applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) apply to this role, and hence your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.