Storage, Distribution & Maintenance Employee
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales Australia provides logistics services expertise to our customer, the Australian Defence Force. Thales will train and qualify you to work in each area of our logistics business including, storage, maintenance and distribution. This will be comprised of ‘on the job’ training as well as courses through our in-house registered training organisation.
Within the logistics services business there are 17 depots throughout Australia which allows various development opportunities as we strongly believe in promoting from within where possible.
- Mark and place stores in stock & package for dispatch
- Participating with the movement of stores by road and within the depot
- Monitoring shelf life of stores and assisting with audits and inspections
- Operating information systems for the input and retrieval of stores information
- Always watch out for others, maintain awareness of and strive to achieve the companies health and safety goals and objectives
How About You?
- A full driver’s licence
- Excellent attention to detail with very good numeric, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience within a warehousing environment would be an advantage
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.