Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role: Production Supervisor
An exciting and rare opportunity has become available for a Production Supervisor to join our Underwater Systems team based at our Rydalmere site. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for the supervision of the Assembly Production Team whilst providing support to the Production Manager.
You will have oversight of assigned production activities and ensure staff operate safely in accordance with the HSE guidelines.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the production staff
- Ensure tasks are completed to budget and on schedule.
- Ensure internal and external customers are provided with products that meet our quality standards and product specifications
- Assist the Production Manager in implementing and maintaining a Master Production Schedule and reporting system
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring staff are trained to the required level and that training records are kept.
- Ensure that production carry out soldering of electrical connections, cabling and looming, and electronic testing to the relevant IPC and other workmanship standards
- Develop your own technical, management and leadership skills to match the evolving needs of the role.
- Tertiary qualification or suitable trade background
- Strong experience in the manufacturing of complex systems
- Practical knowledge of production methods & procedures, equipment & materials
- Familiarity with detailed engineering drawings and schedules
- Ability to control a production team, and to maintain a harmonious work environment
- Ability to train and mentor staff in new tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good initiative and self-management and planning skills
What you’ll get
- Great professional development opportunities
- To be considered as part of the succession plan for the Production Manager’s role
- ThalesFlex – flexibility working is our everyday
- Family Support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Broad range of employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.