Employee Relations Specialist
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Queensland
Job Type: Full time
The Star Entertainment Group is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team on a 12-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate can be based out of our offices in either Brisbane or the Gold Coast . You will manage high risk/ complex cases end to end and draw your experience to provide expert advice and guidance to the team to ensure matters are resolved in an efficient and professional manner.
You will be proactive and passionate about employee relations and enjoy the challenge of an incident rich environment. Our ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for ER and enjoys the challenge a busy and varied ER/IR workload.
The key to success in this role includes the end-to-end management of high-risk complex cases, conducting confidential workplace investigations relating to team member grievances and disciplinary matters, and working collaboratively with the ER Operations team to provide specialist advice. You will also assist in negotiations, bargaining processes and enterprise agreement delivery, as well as working with business leaders to provide advice on matters relating to policies, procedures, industrial instruments and employment risks and concerns.
What can we offer you?
- 12-month opportunity
- Flexible and agile working culture across a geographically diverse organisation
- Free meals provided daily
- Discounted on-site parking
- Discounted laundry and dry-cleaning services on-site
- Discounts across a number of restaurants, hotels and events
- Generous Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and health services
- Ongoing career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- Diversity & Inclusion Groups including LGBTQI, Gender, Heritage and Indigenous
- An organisation that genuinely values its employee's growth and development
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in IR/ER within a complex organisation
- Sound knowledge of workplace legislations, regulations, Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Ability to manage highly confidential information and personal matters in a professional manner
- Tertiary qualification in human resources or related discipline
- Proven ability to identify to identify problems and provide solutions
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.