Safety & Security Duty Manager
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast as the Safety and Security Duty Manager. Reporting to the General Manager Asset Protection, you will be responsible for overseeing the responsibilities for the safety and security of the property.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain record of shift matters, actions, events
- Handle guest enquiries and disputes to ensure best outcomes
- Conduct investigations and ensuring the preservation of the scene
- Uphold relevant Federal and State laws relating to the operation of a Hotel/Casino complex
- Conduct WHS risk assessments, ensuring WHS policy is adhered to at all times
- Development and training, as well as attending to and providing direction to the team, taking necessary action for matters/incidents relating to wellbeing, safety and protection of team, guests, and company assets.
- Provide regular constructive performance feedback including taking appropriate corrective action, coach, counsel and if necessary, take disciplinary action
- Ensure shift actives comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, legal demands and professional and ethical standards
The following skills or training advantageous:
- Suitable experience and/or qualification withing the security industry
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate (including advanced resuscitation and defibrillation)
- Qualification in the use and application of restraints
- Knowledge of QLD Casino Control Act 1982
- Knowledge of Qld Criminal Code
- Knowledge of QLD Liquor Act 1992
What can we offer you?
- Free meals provided on every shift
- Discounts across a number of restaurants, hotels and events
- Generous Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- Ongoing career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- Diversity & Inclusion Groups including LGBTQI, Gender, Heritage and Indigenous
- An organisation that genuinely values its employee's growth and development
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants, and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJs at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.