Senior Data Engineer
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Queensland, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
The Star Entertainment Group is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Architecture and Engineering team within our Information Technology Group.
This position can be based in Sydney, Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be accountable for assisting with the maintenance of the data platforms (CDW, ACE, and MDM) and related data integration platforms (Informatica, Striim) from an operational and strategic point of view and ensuring that all identified risks have a remediation plan. You will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and development of the roadmap and strategy for the data platforms and data integration platforms.
Reporting to the Lead Data Engineer, the key to success in this role involves taking responsibility for all stages in the design and implementation of Data Platform and Data Integration Platform development work, as well as developing, documenting, and maintaining platform-based standards and ensuring compliance.
Other tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Data Modellers, Data Analysts, and any other relevant roles to develop, document, and maintain Data Models, Data Dictionaries, and other related information.
- Work with Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, and Solution Architects to develop, document, and maintain Data Platform and Data Integration Platform standards, designs, roadmaps, and the like.
- Work with and within Project teams and/or with Business Stakeholders to deliver solutions that meet or exceed requirements, and within timeframes.
- Be available to participate in a support role 24 hours / 7 days a week to maintain the availability and agreed uptimes of the Data Platforms and Data Integration Platforms.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Meet with platform users/consumers and stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback relating to the Data Platforms and Data Integration Platforms, and to discuss areas of opportunities and/or problem points.
- Ensure that all development pieces are tested, peer reviewed, and approved in accordance with Change Management standards.
- Ensure compliance with data governance standards, principles, and practices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements regarding employees, platforms, data, and any related areas to the role.
What can we offer you?
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity
- Free meals provided daily
- Discounted on-site parking
- Discounted laundry and dry-cleaning services on-site
- Discounts across a number of restaurants, hotels and events
- Generous Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and health services
- Ongoing career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
- Diversity & Inclusion Groups including LGBTQI, Gender, Heritage and Indigenous
- An organisation that genuinely values its employee's growth and development
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the delivery of project solutions
- Proven experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure or similar databases/platforms
- Experience working with Informatica, Striim, or similar data integration platforms
- Experience working with various structure levels of data sources and data types
- Experience in developing and implementing solution designs, development standards, data quality measurements, end-to-end development processes and similar practices for data platforms
- Proven technical aptitude in one or more business domain and data domain
- Experience working with SQL, Python, or similar data languages
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting incidents and problems relating to data platforms
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.