The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
A rare and unique opportunity has arisen at Treasury Brisbane for a highly experienced Venue Manager to join and lead our Hotel Food & Beverage team.
Our Events team host a wide range of conferences, galas, weddings, and special events. As the Venue Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the organisation and logistics of these events as well as the daily operation of:
- Ryan’s on the Park lobby bar
- The Lab restaurant for breakfast service and high tea
- In Room Dining & Mini Bar
In this role, you will ensure highest standards of customer service and maximum profitability are achieved and maintained.
- Experience with planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labour costs and operating expenses
- Experience in dealing with multiple external and internal stake holders
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure, controlling and organising multiple teams for multiple events
- A sound knowledge of Conferences, Events Management, WHS compliance within a similar high volume premium environment
- Exceptional computer skills with the use of software’s such as Microsoft 365, Delphi, Opera, and Salesforce.
- A natural leader who loves to develop and grow a service focused team
- Current RMLV (Responsible Management of a Licensed Venue) or ability to gain one
What can we offer you?
- A Permanent, Full Time position based in Brisbane
- Salary aligned to experience & bonus incentive plan
- Parking available at a discounted rate, walking distance to the property
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
Treasury Brisbane showcases old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
Expected to open in 2023, the $3.6 billion Queen’s Wharf development is set to transform Brisbane. This world-class integrated resort will be a game-changer – creating a vibrant new tourism playground within the CBD and putting Brisbane on the map as a tourism, leisure and entertainment destination.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.