Commis Chef | The Star Sydney
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for your next challenge in Culinary? Join The Star Sydney with this phenomenal opportunity for aspiring chefs to gain experience at our exciting property and work alongside some of the best Chefs in Sydney.
Successful candidates can expect to enjoy amazing employee benefits such as:
- Permanent Full-Time role with permanent benefits including annual leave
- Onboarding and training in your department, with ample support from senior leaders
- 30% Discounts across award-winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal, sandwich and salad bar with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- $10/day parking available on the property
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on the property
- Joining an established and large Culinary team, with endless career growth and opportunities to learn and develop your career
The ideal candidate will be someone with:
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery
- Have experience working in a busy and fast-paced kitchen
- The ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and work as part of the team
- Have the right "can do"-attitude and willingness to learn new cuisines and techniques.
- Possesses full working rights to commit to 38 hours per week on a rotating roster that can include mornings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
Currently, we have opportunities available with:
No matter your area of interest, we have a venue to suit you! If you are ready to launch and develop in Culinary, don't miss out on this opportunity and apply now!
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.