Safety & Security Officer
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Part time
Would you like to join a world class organisation and a leader within the entertainment industry on the Gold Coast? The Star Gold Coast is currently hiring Safety & Security Officers to work on a full-time, or part-time basis with ongoing opportunities for growth and development.
As a Safety & Security Officer you will be joining a large high performing team that values safety and takes pride in their work. The team is responsible for providing a welcoming, friendly and safe environment for all employees, visitors and patrons of The Star Gold Coast. You will be required to conduct patrols of the property as well as report any security related incidents, hazards or unusual occurrences or activities, whilst monitoring the entry of people to the site and providing information and assistance to patrons as required.
- Free meals provided on every shift
- Discounts across a number of restaurants, hotels and events
- Fresh laundered uniform ready for you daily
- Generous Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- Ongoing career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
- Diversity & Inclusion Groups including LGBTQI, Gender, Heritage and Indigenous
- An organisation that genuinely values its employee's growth and development
What are we looking for?
- Current QLD Certificate 2 or 3 in Security Operations, including a Crowd Control module - essential
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate, including CPR module - essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Statement of Attainment - essential
- Previous experience in high volume crowd control - highly regarded
- A high standard of grooming with a professional appearance
- Experience in report writing and basic computer skills
- Physically capable and have the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to work a 24/7 rotating roster
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJ’s at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.