GLDP Level 1 | Table Games
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Casual
We encourage our team members to harness their natural strengths and interests and explore diverse roles via a multitude of career paths. We are hoping to fill this role internally and welcome applications from current team members.
About the role
The Gaming Leadership Development Program Level 1 (GLDP 1) is centred on practical learning and designed to ensure you are equipped with demonstrable new skills and behaviours to meet your leadership goals.
Throughout the six-month program, you will shadow a current Gaming Supervisor and learn the critical techniques, leadership skills and confidence you need to transform into a leader. You will learn to delegate effectively, set realistic goals and coach others.
To enhance your learning experience, the program will be delivered as a blended learning experience in four segments: learning the role through shadowing a Gaming Supervisor, acquire relative professional experience through cross business learning opportunities, acting solo as a Gaming Supervisor, and lastly, in a Higher Duties (HD) capacity as required by the business.
Important to note:
- Upon successful completion of the program, and based on business needs, you may assume the responsibilities of a Gaming Supervisor in a HD capacity
- Ability to maintain your current preferred shift will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Your roster will likely change to align with the programs structure
- We require a full commitment to the program from successful applicants, and expect that they work with the program coordinator to undertake any reasonable request
- Your total performance history will be taken into consideration when deciding your suitability
- Applicants moving to the next stage of the process will be required to participate in a video interview as well as a second round of interviews
- As part of your application, you will need to upload a cover letter and work history
- You will also need an Endorsement via iConnect, completed by your Team Leader
- Only team members with up-to-date iConnect profiles will be considered
You will be a current Full-Time, Part-Time or Casual Table Games Dealer who:
- Passed probation with a minimum of 6 months experience in 2 Major Games
- Conveys passion about providing guest experiences that exceed expectations
- Demonstrates relationship building skills
- Applies Star Qualities in all aspects of your role
- Displays a strong desire to succeed and further your career at The Star
- Exhibits interpersonal and communication skills as you will work with a diverse guest and team member base
- Consistently presents with polished five-star grooming and pays attention to personal presentation
To ensure that you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to provide exceptional service to our guests and support the development of our team, we will provide you with training and opportunities to participate in learning and development courses.
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you are passionate about providing exceptional guest service and excited by the opportunity to develop others, then we want to hear from you! Click on the link below and apply today.