Head of Regulatory Engagement
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
The Star is growing as part of our transformation and remediation programs. To support our success across these programs, we are seeking an experienced senior leader to join our Risk and Assurance leadership team as Head of Regulatory Engagement.
Reporting to the General Manager Compliance, you will provide strategic leadership to The Star Entertainment Group’s Regulatory Engagement program and team. In this vital role you will lead the regulatory engagement aspects of remedial activities and projects that will uplift The Star’s capability in line with compliance requirements.
This role offers flexible working options, and can be based in Sydney, Gold Coast or Brisbane.
- Build a regulatory engagement strategy and approach founded on respect for the roles of the regulators, ensuring The Star meets the standard of open, cooperative and transparent engagement with the regulators.
- Uplift the regulatory engagement accountabilities, frameworks and practices in accordance with The Star’s Remedial Action Plan to support the transformation of The Star.
- Ensure effective communication and deliver feedback in a timely and efficient manner to senior management and relevant business leaders, to direct regulatory priorities.
- Work collaboratively with senior management and business leaders to bring a strategic approach to regulatory engagement, to bring forward proposals or responses in an efficient and dynamic manner.
- Ensure regulatory activities meet statutory requirements and drive innovation to achieve operational excellence.
- Anticipate, demonstrate understanding and respond to regulatory expectations and regulatory change, in relation to operational and regulatory affairs related matters.
- Flexible working arrangements that suit your needs
- Joining an essential department in the uplift of The Star’s remedial programs
- Permanent, full-time role with salary package + bonus incentive
- Both parental and secondary carers leave available to all employees
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
- Complimentary meal on site every day, including hot meals, sandwich bar and more
- Discounted parking + other transport options (dependent on property)
- Groupwide Diversity and Inclusion strategy for LGBTQI, Gender, Culture and Indigenous
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
What are we looking for?
- An extensive career demonstrating success in representing the business to various regulators, in the casino industry or comparable industries that operate under heavily regulated environments.
- Deep understanding of relevant statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in communicating and implementing statutory processes effectively.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, communications, law or similar is essential.
- Ability to provide examples of demonstrated success in influencing, leading and managing internal and external relationships.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.