Job Type: Full time
For a team to thrive, it needs collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers at Thoughtworks are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an aspirational tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and proactively assess your team's health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines. This role's location is specific to Sydney.
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- Apply the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will oversee or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- You have experience with two or more development languages such as Java, C# or Ruby
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming
- Comfortability with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and Docker
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- Presence in the external tech community: you willingly share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
What's on offer
Our goal is to equip you with career defining experiences, to help you to grow professionally and personally, and to foster a community where you feel you belong. We're committed to making Thoughtworkers an employer of choice, and we offer a wide variety of benefits to support the teams' advancement, their health and wellbeing. For more information on these benefits and lots more, click here. If you're ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now (even if you don't feel like you tick all the boxes).
Open application dates: approximately 4 weeks
Office location will be at our Sydney office (10/50 Carrington St, Sydney, 2000)
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.