Logistics Quality Coordinator
Location: Port Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Oh What A Feeling!
At Toyota we celebrate individual differences. You don't need to meet 100% of the criteria to apply. We'd still love to hear from you.
We're working towards a future where we look out for each other and our planet. Where we enrich lives with the safest and most responsible ways of moving. This is the kind of tomorrow we're imagining here at Toyota.
Our people are on a mission to create a future mobility society, where movement is possible and accessible for everyone.
For example, Toyota is developing a range of sustainable mobility services and transportation solutions to better help you and our planet: from battery electric vehicles to remote-controlled robotics (you may have seen these at the Tokyo Olympics!).
We've also just launched KINTO, a car sharing and car rental service to support both our Environmental and Mobility goals.
We are heavily invested in sustainability; Toyota's ambition is to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
Toyota is a place where difference is celebrated. We strive to create a workplace that not only gives equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds and abilities but supports them to reach their full potential.
We do this through employee community engagement, mentorship programs, and our annual Women's Conference.
Our two longest serving employees have been with us for over 42 years. We're also proud to have more than 100 employees over 25 years' service. Together, we are Toyota.
What you'll contribute to
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Quality Coordinator to join our National Sales division on a full-time permanent basis.
The National Sales Division is responsible for planning, coordination and execution of all national vehicle sales, fleet, integrated planning, and logistic activities to achieve vehicle sales volume, market share and profitability objectives.
The Logistics Quality Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting quality improvement activities for the National sales logistics operations for Toyota vehicles to reduce quality related interruptions to the vehicle logistics supply chain to reduce costs and maximise dealer and customer satisfaction.
This role is based in Port Melbourne with flexible work arrangements.
How you'll make an impact
- Implement agreed customer quality processes and procedures consistent with set policies to achieve supply chain and logistics objectives.
- Provide admin support, managing the quality inbox and assist in the development of processes and procedures for logistics and supply chain to improve quality and reliability of the vehicle supply chain process and ensure minimal damage to stock.
- Coordinate and support briefings and monthly meetings with suppliers to review supply chain and logistics activities, progress, and issues, including transit damage, incident reporting and yard damage, are clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Support the development of kaizen (continuous improvement) initiatives in collaboration with Toyota logistics representatives, insurance companies and logistics contractors to improve quality processes.
- Maintain reporting systems to provide the business with accurate and timely information to support Dealer and supplier auditing, certification, and damage buyback activities.
- Provide support for the assessment and selection of suppliers to secure delivery of supply chain and logistics activities at expected quality and at optimal cost. Supports ongoing supplier management.
Your attributes - If you've got one or more, we'd love to hear from you!
- Degree qualification in Business, Commerce, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in an admin role with strong understanding of supply chain and logistics processes.
- Collaborative and self-motivated with strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience with SAP systems (desirable).
- Understanding of the dealer network and operations (desirable).
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
We pride ourselves on a work culture that supports and rewards people. From development programs to recognition programs, we make sure everyone at Toyota Australia lives their best possible life. After all, our people are our greatest assets.
Toyota Australia is well-recognised for offering:
- Flexible hours and workspaces & a school holiday program
- Career Development plans & Promotions and Rotations Program
- 14 weeks paid primary carers leave & 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Wellness facilities & Employee Assistance Program
- 5 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- 13% superannuation & a yearly contribution to your private health insurance
- Paid volunteer days to support your community
- Partially or Fully Subsided Motor vehicle
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process and your preferred type of communication, and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Toyota is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180.
We don't require a cover letter or selection criteria to be addressed.
Come with us and help create the future.