Senior External Affairs Specialist
Location: Port Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Oh What A Feeling!
At Toyota we celebrate individual differences. You don't need to meet 100% of the criteria to apply. We'd still love to hear from you.
We're working towards a future where we look out for each other and our planet. Where we enrich lives with the safest and most responsible ways of moving. This is the kind of tomorrow we're imagining here at Toyota.
Our people are on a mission to create a future mobility society, where movement is possible and accessible for everyone.
For example, Toyota is developing a range of sustainable mobility services and transportation solutions to better help you and our planet: from battery electric vehicles to remote-controlled robotics (you may have seen these at the Tokyo Olympics!).
We've also just launched KINTO, a car sharing and car rental service to support both our Environmental and Mobility goals.
We are heavily invested in sustainability; Toyota's ambition is to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
Toyota is a place where difference is celebrated. We strive to create a workplace that not only gives equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds and abilities but supports them to reach their full potential.
We do this through employee community engagement, mentorship programs, and our annual Women's Conference.
Our two longest serving employees have been with us for over 42 years. We're also proud to have more than 100 employees over 25 years' service. Together, we are Toyota.
What you'll contribute to
The Senior External Affairs Specialist is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing effective processes and plans to negotiate and advocate Toyota Australia's strategic relationship with federal, state & local governments and other necessary external bodies.
The role sits in the Corporate Services Division, which is responsible for overall corporate leadership, governance, compliance, strategic direction, company reputation, government and community engagement, and to partner with the business to solve problems, enable the achievement of company results.
This is a permanent role and is based in Port Melbourne with flexible work arrangements.
How you'll make an impact
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to monitor and report against the political, economic & social environment to understand business risks & opportunities
- Develop submissions and responses to government inquiries
- Coordinate government/industry association engagement activities for management including briefing papers, key messaging, and event coordination
- Engage and represent TMCA in external forums to advocate for the best outcome for the business.
- Maintain and update internal reporting systems to provide management accurate information on government policy supporting decision making
Your attributes - If you've got one or more, we'd love to hear from you!
- Degree qualification in law, public policy, communications, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the political landscape at Federal and State levels and the ability to translate to match external/internal stakeholder requirements
- Ability to develop submissions and responses suitable for a government audience with cross divisional input
- Ability to develop succinct policy summaries for management and sharing with key business units
- Strong project management, stakeholder engagement and collaboration.
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
We pride ourselves on a work culture that supports and rewards people. From development programs to recognition programs, we make sure everyone at Toyota Australia lives their best possible life. After all, our people are our greatest assets.
Toyota Australia is well-recognised for offering:
- Flexible hours and workspaces & a school holiday program
- Career Development plans & Promotions and Rotations Program
- 14 weeks paid primary carers leave & 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Wellness facilities & Employee Assistance Program
- 5 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- 13% superannuation & a yearly contribution to your private health insurance
- Paid volunteer days to support your community
- Partially or Fully Subsided Motor vehicle
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process and your preferred type of communication, and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Toyota is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180.
We don't require a cover letter or selection criteria to be addressed.
Come with us and help create the future.