Procurement Buyer - Service Parts & Accessories
Location: Altona North
Job Type: Contract/temp
Oh what a feeling!
At Toyota we celebrate individual differences. You don't need to meet 100% of the criteria to apply. We'd still love to hear from you.
We're working towards a future where we look out for each other and our planet. Where we enrich lives with the safest and most responsible ways of moving. This is the kind of tomorrow we're imagining here at Toyota.
Our people are on a mission to create a future mobility society, where movement is possible and accessible for everyone.
For example, Toyota is developing a range of sustainable mobility services and transportation solutions to better help you and our planet: from battery electric vehicles to remote-controlled robotics (you may have seen these at the Tokyo Olympics!).
We've also just launched KINTO, a car sharing and car rental service to support both our Environmental and Mobility goals.
We are heavily invested in sustainability; Toyota's ambition is to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
Toyota is a place where difference is celebrated. We strive to create a workplace that not only gives equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds and abilities but supports them to reach their full potential.
We do this through employee community engagement, mentorship programs, and our annual Women's Conference.
Our two longest serving employees have been with us for over 42 years. We're also proud to have more than 100 employees over 25 years' service. Together, we are Toyota.
What you'll contribute to
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Buyer (Service Parts & Accessories) to join Toyota Australia for a period of 1 year with possible extension.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of conversions and accessories competitive sourcing strategies through supplier negotiations to ensure optimal supplier selection and management with respect to customer centricity, quality, cost, sustainability and compliance.
The role is part of the Finance and Procurement Division, which is responsible for providing the business with corporate support with respect to all finance and procurement activities.
The role is based in Altona North with flexible work arrangements.
How you'll make an impact
- Coordinate assessment and selection of suppliers via formal tender processes to establish contracts ensuring timely delivery of goods and services at optimal quality and cost.
- Ongoing supplier management to ensure that suppliers maintain expected performance levels including implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate Procurement commodity strategies to achieve supplier selection objectives keeping in mind, customer centricity, quality, cost, sustainability and compliance.
- Assist in the development, improvement and standardisation of processes and procedures for corporate Procurement to optimise the end-to-end procurement process.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and suppliers to resolve queries and issues, ensuring operational activities are aligned and clearly communicated.
- Implement key projects in line with corporate Procurement strategies to ensure continuity of supply and meet project milestones that align with broader Toyota objectives.
Your attributes - If you've got one or more, we'd love to hear from you!
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience. Welcoming fresh graduates who have an interest in developing a career in procurement to apply for this role as well!
- Sound logical, analytical & quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders/suppliers through effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge & understanding of tender and contracting procedures.
- Track record in successfully delivering projects & cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience in project management or a finance role (desirable).
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
We pride ourselves on a work culture that supports and rewards people. From development programs to recognition programs, we make sure everyone at Toyota Australia lives their best possible life. After all, our people are our greatest assets.
Toyota Australia is well-recognised for offering:
- Flexible hours and workspaces & a school holiday program
- Career Development plans & Promotions and Rotations Program
- 14 weeks paid primary carers leave & 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Wellness facilities & Employee Assistance Program
- 5 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- 12.5% superannuation & a yearly contribution to your private health insurance
- Paid volunteer days to support your community
- Partially or Fully Subsided Motor vehicle
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us and let us know your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Toyota is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180.
We don't require a cover letter or selection criteria to be addressed.
Come with us and help create the future.