Sourcing and Procurement Business Partner
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
The Sourcing and Procurement Business Partner – Indirects will collaborate with internal business customers to understand medium to long term business requirements and develop procurement category and sourcing strategy options by analysing markets, building market intelligence, developing, and implementing action plans and best practice supply base management practices to realise objectives.
This role will actively lead and manage multiple programmes from tendering to contract award and ongoing relationship management.
The role involves the management of strategy for goods and services purchased across Transgrid to support Indirects Services, including Advisory Services, Creative Services, Legal Services, Recruitment, Facilities Management, Travel, Fleet and Mobile Plant.
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or similar discipline. CIPS Accreditation considered an advantage.
- Extensive experience (5-10 years) in leading procurement category strategies and supplier relationship management activities in Operations categories, preferably in varied best practice industries. .
- Extensive experience in the strategic management of Indirects sourcing category
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience with contemporary procurement and contract management systems, preferably SAP Ariba, ELLIPSE, Oracle Financials, IBM Maximo.
- In depth understanding of the principles and application of the Legal Framework policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations at a senior executive level.
- Can do attitude, supportive hands-on, empathy, engaging and pro-active are key skills for this role.
- Proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problem.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Good business sense, trustworthiness, dedication, creativity, professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of Work Health & Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
Transgrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on Thursday 1 December 2022
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.