Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Access to corporate discounts, Fitness Passport & flexible working
- Role can be based anywhere in NSW
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
In your new role as Project Engineer, you will manage the project engineering function within the project or maintenance projects team.
The role is to undertake detailed engineering management and support to various Project Managers in Delivery.
You will be a part of a project team or teams to manage a lot of the technical, procurement, material, construction, design coordination and start-up and close out items. In addition to this, you will provide the support as necessary to the Project Manager to deliver the project.
The role will also see the Project Engineers managing their own projects where the allocation of a Project Manager is deemed unnecessary.
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline or substantial industry experience in the delivery of large scale projects.
- High level of technical knowledge in the construction of substation or transmission line assets.
- Proven to work well autonomously.
- High standard of communication and report writing skills, personal integrity and professionalism.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects
- Experience in the management of construction contracts.
- Experience in team management, resource management and leadership roles.
- A current Drivers Licence.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on Thursday, 8 December 2022
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received. We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas