Community Engagement Coordinator - Wagga Wagga
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Based in Wagga Wagga
- Engagement activities supporting major project delivery
- Award-winning organisation leading the transition to clean energy
Transgrid is responsible for building a clean energy grid from renewable generators as energy storage becomes critical. Consequently, Transgrid is experiencing unprecedented times in delivering major transmission infrastructure projects to improve electricity supply reliability as ageing coal-fired generators are retired.
The Wagga Wagga Riverina region intersects three of Transgrid’s key major projects including HumeLink, Project Energy Connect (PEC) and Victoria New South Wales Interconnect – West (VNI-West). Accordingly, this important region requires strong local community and stakeholder engagement to successfully deliver these interconnected projects.
To support the delivery of these projects, Transgrid is creating a Wagga Wagga engagement discovery centre where community members can come together to discuss the projects, share knowledge, and better understand the projects and communicate their points of view.
A small engagement team will manage the Wagga Wagga Engagement Hub and as such the Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the day to day operations of the Wagga Wagga Engagement Hub (the Hub), a Transgrid discovery centre that educates the public as to Transgrid’s operations, new infrastructure projects and the critical works being undertaken to transition NSW to a renewable energy future;
- Engaging with members of the public and groups that visit the Wagga Wagga Engagement Hub;
- Support the Wagga Wagga Community and Stakeholders Engagement Lead
- Support the broader Transgrid objectives and purposes for the Hub
The position provides support to Transgrid’s ongoing community and stakeholder engagement activities in Wagga Wagga to support operations and the delivery of new infrastructure projects.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record coordinating the day to day running of public information centre or similar
- Strong administrative and record keeping experience
- Proven track record dealing with the public, including fielding complaints and enquiries
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Cooperative approach to working in a team
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Applications close: Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.