Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Based in Sydney (Hybrid work model)
- Award winning organisation
- Responsible for contract management and commercial services supporting multi-billion dollar projects
Transgrid is building the transmission super-highway which will transform the energy supply for millions of Australians. New renewable generation is being built across the eastern seaboard and our grid will get that electricity to market.
We are building the critical infrastructure needed to enable the integration of renewables for a clean energy future, reduce the nation’s carbon emissions and help drive down the cost of wholesale electricity.
This is a critical decade of change in the National Electricity Market and it’s essential that our electricity network is modernised and expanded now to set up Australia for decades to come. Transgrid is part of this transformation and with billions of dollars’ worth of major projects to deliver over the next few years, is looking for talented, skilled professionals to join our major projects teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Major Projects team as a Contract Manager where you will be responsible for providing ongoing contract management, contract administration and commercial services to the major projects teams. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, Contracts & Procurement, the role will manage the operation of the contract cycle from a project development and delivery perspective of these Super Projects.
The role will work closely with the other managers, including the Procurement Manager, Schedule & Risk Manager and external contractors, to ensure sound contract management of major projects contracts.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrated previous experience in managing large construction contracts.
- Experience working on large linear infrastructure projects desirable.
- Experience in tendering and evaluations.
- Ability to develop good working relationships - both internally and externally (contractors).
- Proven commercial background.
- Highly proficient in the use of business systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
For further information on our major projects please go to Transgrid’s website.
Applications close: Monday 6 February 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.