Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Based in Sydney or Eastern Creek (Hybrid/ WFH)
- Award winning organisation
- Delivery of a major multi-billion-dollar project
The purpose of this position is to provide specialist engineering advice and support across the project lifecycle and to lead development engineering activities for the project. The Development Engineer is responsible for undertaking a specialist role in developing a solution for the VNI West project. The incumbent is an industry specialist who provides advice on high voltage transmission system developments. Working directly on this major project, the Development Engineer will represent the VNI West project and complete specialist technical reports or presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
The role is required to effectively:
- Support the Engineering Manager in identifying and creating viable engineering solutions to satisfy project requirements
- Ensure designs are appropriate to meet project objectives
- Communicate engineering strategies
- Adhere to the project’s Governance and Assurance and Risk Management plans
- Follow Project Controls (Schedule and Cost), project tracking and reporting
- Undertake project development activities such as report writing and running stakeholder workshops during the development phase
- Support the Engineering Manager’s engagement with Transgrid’s Executive Leadership Team, providing visibility to the project status, performance and plans
- Provide support to the project team to ensure the project is developed such that it may be delivered to meet the project's technical objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure collaboration and effective communication of the project between the Transgrid business and the VNI West project
This position is embedded within the VNI West project team and reports to the Engineering Manager. The position will draw on technical support from the wider Transgrid team in ensuring VNI West engineering standards and practices meet Transgrid’s standard requirements whilst ensuring the specific requirements of the project are in all cases fulfilled.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in engineering or relevant discipline and relevant extensive experience
- Professional qualified and registered engineer (e.g. CPEng, RPEQ)
- Extensive experience in transmission line system design, including lines and substations
- Extensive experience in the analysis and development of electricity transmission systems, including lines and substations
- Communicate effectively with a range of persons, including customers, suppliers, contractors, other technical experts and senior management (written and verbal).
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management – qualitative and quantitative
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of electrical network engineering and operations.
- High-level business and commercial acumen
- Highly collaborative and decisive behaviour style
- High-level ability to think outside the box and drive change
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in managing high voltage substations and transmission lines projects
- Extensive experience in managing project integration and third parties interfaces across multiple project workstreams
- Comprehensive knowledge of the energy industry
- Extensive knowledge of substations design and construction
- Advanced user of PLS-CADD
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in electrical engineering
- Experience in establishing contracts with and directing design consultancies
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close: Tuesday 7 February 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.