Job Type: Full time
At its heart, Transurban is about connecting people. That's why we're so committed to communications - and to getting them right. You'll share this dedication as you increase engagement, build meaningful relationships and communicate our vision, strategy and values.
Sitting within our Queensland Corporate Affairs team you'll lead the development and delivery of key community relations, stakeholder engagement and communications activities that are associated with Transurban Queensland's projects, operations and maintenance activities.
This is a 6-month contract that is available as full time, part time or other flexible work options that work for you.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll help develop and implement community relations and stakeholder engagement strategies and activities associated with Transurban Queensland's operations, projects and maintenance program.
- Identify community, stakeholder and traffic impacts and work with internal stakeholders and business partners to manage or mitigate these.
- Assist in the delivery of communications campaigns to support engagement objectives, using appropriate channels including community relations, online, social media, advertising and media relations.
- Lead the strategy to build grassroot community engagement opportunities.
- Manage community engagement reporting requirements to ensure Transurban Queensland is maintaining compliance.
- Support the Project Delivery, Maintenance, Assets, Operations and Public Affairs teams to proactively identify and plan for positive opportunities, issues and/or risks.
The talents you'll bring:
- A track record in stakeholder and community engagement positions, having successfully led and influenced initiatives to drive key aspects of a project/s (infrastructure project experience highly advantageous).
- Naturally confident, you'll be adept at developing effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups, often in challenging, time pressured situations.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of people.
- Utilising your intuition and nous, you'll be media savvy with a natural ability to identify positive opportunities and potential reputational issues, and to provide subsequent mitigation strategies.
- You'll possess exceptional verbal & written communication, public presentation and interpersonal skills aiding your ability to develop credibility and trust with stakeholders.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and deliver within tight deadlines.
- If you have tertiary qualifications in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or the like and have experience working on infrastructure projects or highly regulated industries, this would be highly advantageous.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- We'll offer flexible leave with gender neutral parental leave policies.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're getting our roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they need to go and we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!