Payroll Reporting Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Our People and Culture (P&C) team work collaboratively to provide broad ranging expert advice and support services to our most important asset - our people! As the Payroll Analyst - Reporting and Compliance, your insights and technical knowledge will help us navigate the increasing complexity associated with payrolling a multi-region employee base, ensuring payroll regulatory and statutory compliance requirements are effectively managed. You will help future proof us for whatever comes our way, whether that be a new acquisition, legislative change or audit requirement, driving value add payroll accounting and reporting activities across the Transurban Group.
Our Corporate teams are the backbone of our business. By thinking smarter, sharing better and adapting ahead of the curve, our people here make a meaningful impact - for our customers and our teams. Together, they push further. They define change. And in doing so, they grow their diverse talents while building something to be proud of.
This is a permanent on-going role. This role can be done as full time or part time as a 4-day working week or a 9-day fortnight.
The impact you'll have
- You'll play a critical role in helping us maintain best in class payroll compliance by proactive auditing, ensuring 3rd party obligations such as Workcover, payroll tax and super are met
- You'll manage cyclical and ad-hoc analysis and reporting requirements, investigating key subjects including Awards, Time & Attendance, Payroll Tax, Super and Workers Comp
- You'll extract, analyse and interpret large sets of data, identifying and rectifying inconsistencies and driving improved quality and integrity
- You'll learn our current systems and processes inside out, allowing you to understand risks and help strengthen controls within the payroll function
- You'll get involved with system upgrades (such as single touch payroll), providing data validation and testing assistance as required
The talents you'll bring
- You'll have previous experience working in a high performing payroll function (in-house corporate experience preferred), combined with strong reporting, analytical or internal audit experience
- You'll need a demonstrated understanding of payroll tax and superannuation legislation and statutory obligations
- A good understanding of the of the Australian IR landscape will be highly advantageous, as we manage a variety of industrial instruments in support of our employee mix
- You will be an advanced user of Excel with recent experience using iChris/Chris21 highly desirable, as is any exposure to the Workday ERP solution
- You'll bring high level data manipulation, analysis and reporting capability, including defined success developing new and improved reporting practices
- You'll have strong documentation and reporting skills to determine payroll outcomes
- A naturally inquisitive person, you'll enjoy problem solving and will bring an element of critical thinking to the role
- You'll thrive in a fast paced environment, having had success previously in a role requiring quick thinking and agility.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll provide you with a workplace that is safe, respectful and inclusive, as our commitment to belonging and wellbeing is core to who we are.
- We are growing and want our people to grow with us. We will work with you to enable your career goals with access to learning opportunities and support to grow in your role and beyond.
- A competitive salary package
- Generous leave options that you're eligible for from day 1.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations, and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!