Job Type: Contract/temp
We are seeking a talented Corporate Counsel to join us in a 12mth fixed term position to cover a parental leave period. With an exciting blend of core work on offer, this is a great opportunity to test your appetite for in-house position offering hybrid working and excellent work life balance.
Reporting to the Head of Legal - Victoria, the role works as part of a large and national client-side team to provide timely, relevant and cost-effective advice on all Victorian legal matters, assisting the business to achieve positive outcomes while managing legal and compliance risks and requirements.
Monitoring legislative developments, you'll ensure that key stakeholders are kept abreast of changes in laws, anticipating the legal needs of the business by identifying legal trends, risk and compliance issues and opportunities, while seeking maximum alignment with Transurban's business objectives and protection of our interests and reputation.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll provide legal support and advice to the Victorian business.
- You'll ensure objectives are met through negotiating, advising on, drafting and reviewing commercial agreements while overseeing the development of contracts.
- You'll build strong and effective working relationships with people at all levels across the Group and represent Transurban in meetings or communications with external stakeholders.
- You'll resolve claims, disputes and litigation favourably.
- You'll identify new issues that require compliance management.
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll hold a law degree and qualification as a lawyer, together with an Australian Practising Certificate.
- You'll have 2+ years post qualification experience gained within a tier-one law firm, with potential additional experience gained in a corporate environment as part of a secondment or generalist in-house role.
- Enjoying a varied portfolio of work, you'll have experience in any of construction, corporate, major projects, property, commercial, dispute resolution and litigation.
- Technically sound and with proven research skills, you'll have a demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply legislation, leading to effective business outcomes.
- Commercially astute with a proactive approach to managing risk, you'll be experienced in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts.
- You're energetic and achievement oriented and a highly collaborative team player.
- You can build effective working relationships with individuals at all levels both within the organisation and externally.
The rewards you'll earn:
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including flexible working arrangements.
- We'll develop you in the way you want, with training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- We'll offer you 16 weeks paid parental leave (no waiting period) and paid domestic and family violence leave.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
At Transurban we support flexibility and encourage you to talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now!