Road Safety Manager
Job Type: Full time
As one of the world's largest toll-road operators, Transurban aims to bring people and places closer in a safer, smarter and faster way. Ensuring our roads are the safest they can be by investing in partnerships and research to continually lead and share advancements in road safety.
Our Road Safety team works with the business to identify, develop and implement initiatives to address crash risk and incidents on our networks to achieve our road safety key performance indicators, build employee and contractor road safety capability and position Transurban as a road safety leader.
As the Road Safety Manager, you'll be supporting the planning and implementation of road safety initiatives across the Transurban Group.
This is a permanent ongoing opportunity. This role can be done as full-time or part-time as a 4-day week or 9-day fortnight within a Hybrid working environment. This role can be based from our Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane offices.
The impact you'll have
- Continuous improvement for risk reduction related to transport operations for our employees, customers, contractors and sub-contractors and public safety.
- Stay abreast with Australian and international initiatives that are relevant to Transurban's operations, such as road safety frameworks, strategies, standards, findings from significant incidents, etc.
- Support effective implementation and communications of the Road Safety Strategy and other related programs and actions.
- Effectively participate on relevant internal and external road safety forums and initiatives, such as road safety and community campaigns.
- Work to enhance Transurban's position as a leader in Road Safety and contribute to Transurban's overall Health Safety and Environment (HSE) goals.
- Collect and analyse road safety data to meet required reporting obligations while working to continuously improve on a robust reporting system for road safety matters.
The talents you'll bring
- Relevant experience within transport and road industries. You'll be experienced in working to systematically reduce risk, resolve practical problems and identify strategic priorities such as customer and public safety.
- You have the skills and ability to apply road safety technical hazards and risk techniques to current operations.
- Demonstrated experience applying the safe system approach to policy, programs or interventions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with internal teams, stakeholders, external partners and suppliers as needed. As well as having the skills required to influence and negotiate with stakeholders as needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- High level of attention to detail, with the ability to identify and pinpoint issues.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. You will be skilled in report writing and preparing concise management reports, along with having the skills to present and chair meetings.
- Continuous improvement and growth mindset. Someone that is comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment and is comfortable to challenge current ways of working to influence change.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - hybrid & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- We'll offer flexible leave, public transport ticket purchasing programs, insurance and salary continuance.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!