Senior People and Culture Governance Specialist
Job Type: Full time
People are at the heart of our success, so we prioritise what matters most to create an environment where our people can thrive. Our Corporate teams are the backbone of our business. By thinking smarter, sharing better and adapting ahead of the curve, our people here make a meaningful impact - for our customers and our teams. Together, they push further. They define change. And in doing so, they grow their diverse talents while building something to be proud of.
The role of Senior Governance Specialist for People and Culture (P&C) is a newly created position that will have the opportunity to shape and grow governance within our P&C processes and systems. This will include, but isn't limited to, data, processes, security, risk, knowledge management approaches and anything else that might arise. As the Senior Governance Specialist, you'll partner with key internal stakeholders to design, manage and operationalise governance in these key areas, while simultaneously working to uplift data literacy and governance awareness across the function.
This is a permanent ongoing opportunity. This role can be done as full-time or part-time within a Hybrid working environment.
The impact you'll have
- Create and deliver governance strategy for P&C, including the development and implementation of P&C governance policies.
- Identify, design and implement data governance improvement solutions. Analyse business requirements and associated business motivators, impacts and influencers to design solutions to address risks and governance requirements.
- Partner with the broader P&C function to understand current business opportunities or issues and use this information to determine objectives towards improving data management.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities within P&C processes and provide advice on solutions to improve.
- Work in collaboration with the internal audit team to create and maintain best-practice schedule of controls for P&C processes and data.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and manage a best-practice approach for securely storing, accessing and sharing P&C data.
- Review, develop and coordinate the governance of P&C documentation. Such as Quick Reference Guides, policies, articles, etc.
- Continually work towards improvements across governance practices, P&C processes, security and knowledge management.
The talents you'll bring
- Extensive knowledge and work experience within well-established people and culture processes and systems.
- Demonstrated experience and a strong understanding in people and culture governance, risk and compliance.
- You're a strategic thinker with the ability develop a program of works to ensure compliance and governance is maintained across P&C.
- Ability to manage, influence and negotiate with a variety of people across all levels. You'll be able to gain trust and influence others to achieve required strategic objectives.
- The ability to identify issues and gaps within current processes and systems, along with the ability to recommend appropriate solutions that ensure governance and compliance is maintained.
- Project and change management skills are highly preferred.
- Ability and skills to work autonomously and lead activities within a fast-paced matrix organisation.
- Resilience and comfort working within an ambiguous environment.
- Any exposure to WorkDay and/or Service Now will be advantageous.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - hybrid & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- We'll offer flexible leave, insurance and salary continuance.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.