Enterprise Data Engineer - Data Enablement
Job Type: Full time
Customer & Technology at Transurban continually uplifts the way we interact with our customers and manage our road assets. Our teams aspire to create moments that matter for our road users in a safe and secure manner. The technology services we design, develop and operate drive towards ensuring a seamless and intuitive experience for our customers, employees and asset operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation that is future focussed in a rapidly changing industry with the surge in electric vehicles, mobility of the future and continually focused on sustainability.
The Data Enablement team are accountable for shaping and growing effective data usage across Transurban. As we continually strive to innovate and push boundaries on what is possible, this role will see you doing just that, by partnering with the business and data analytics team. You will get a chance to be a part of a great data and analytics journey that will see us creating world class capabilities. If this sounds like what you would want to be part of, then this is a role for you.
Enterprise Data Engineer is an important role in the ongoing design and development of the Transurban data governance capability. The role works closely with the Data Enablement team to manage data harvesting activities for Data Cataloguing. This is a hands-on role encompassing various Data Engineering functions including establishing and managing connections to different database platforms, data profiling, automated metadata harvesting and acquisition, solution design, and platform performance optimisation.
The impact you'll make
- Work with technology stakeholders (network\infrastructure, SecOps, CloudOps, Privacy Specialists) to develop and implement secure data harvesting and cataloguing activities
- Work with Data Governance and Data Management specialists, Data Architects and Data Modellers to build the secure metadata harvesting connections to systems and databases
- Work with Data Architects and Data Modellers to understand the requirements of the metadata harvesting for specific data domains
- Provide thought leadership in the scaling of data governance data engineering solutions.
- Build data engineering expertise in the data governance lifecycle and share and mentor others in the team and across the enterprise
The talents you'll bring
- Demonstrated experience delivering strong data engineering outcomes in a complex corporate environment
- Demonstrated strong implementation aptitude to translate objectives into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the end customer while meeting deadlines
- Experience working with business leadership to design data solutions that meet business needs.
- Experience working with large, complex source systems, and working with developers of those systems investigate and understand the complexities of the data.
- Expert knowledge of data structures and their practical applications
- Experience writing and optimising SQL queries
- AWS cloud experience
- Scrum, Agile and Kanban environment experience
- Experience with distributed/clustered platforms such as Hadoop, Redshift
- Approachable, with excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
The benefits you'll receive
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote working
- We'll develop you the way you want, with study assistance, training and career planning
- We offer 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers, flexible leave, insurance and salary continuance
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities
Transurban, one of the world's largest toll-road operators, is driven by bringing people and places closer in a safer, smarter and faster way. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that combines traditional infrastructure with emerging technology, to enable exceptional customer experiences. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen.
Transurban supports flexibility, work-life balance and is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!