Associate - Corporate Finance
Job Type: Full time
As an associate within Corporate Finance, you will be joining a high-performing and supportive team dedicated towards future proofing Transurban's multi-billion-dollar pipeline and portfolio of assets.
Utilising your exposure to corporate finance, modelling skills, and strong analytical mindset, you will help guide and shape board-level decision making on both existing assets and future investments.
Whether you're coming from consultancy, investment banking, or from within an existing Corporate Finance function, this vacancy presents a unique opportunity to build your career within a growing and top 15 ASX listed business.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll ensure our business is future ready through the preparation of valuation related materials and reports for:
- current assets, ongoing development projects and our potential future investments
- corporate metrics, including capital structure and Transurban's corporate defence strategy
- You'll review, update and manage the financial models for new projects, financing, and refinancing transactions
- You'll work collaboratively with other areas of the business in the analysis of business cases, operational initiatives, and advice management (e.g. tax, treasury, valuation, capital structure, and cost of capital)
- You'll further develop your project management and commercial acumen abilities in the context of development and M&A transactions
- You'll create robust working partnerships with internal stakeholders, industry partners, and within government
The talents you'll bring:
- Exposure to corporate finance, ideally developed through experience within consultancy, investment banking, or within an existing corporate finance function
- Experience in valuations/returns analysis and modelling with the ability to navigate complex models
- An analytical mindset enabling you to think outside the square and undertake appropriate reviews and financial assessments of various projects
- Exceptional communication and attention to detail skills with the confidence to present ideas, findings, and recommendations in a clear and engaging way
- Tertiary (Accounting, Finance / Applied Finance, Law, Engineering) and / or industry (CFA, CA) qualifications / certifications highly desired
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now!