ITS Operations Engineer
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
At Transurban, our Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) teams use the brightest ideas and most inspired engineering to translate into safer, more efficient roads to enhance the road-user experience.
They also create roads for the future with automated toll collections, advanced control systems that monitor and manage traffic on the road - detecting traffic incidents, and even predicting when an accident is more likely to happen. They're making roads ready for driverless cars and using smart traffic flow to get us to where we're going faster. A career here makes a difference you can feel.
As an ITS Operations Engineer, you'll monitor and maintain critical operational electronic and information technology systems to ensure a smooth and safe flow of traffic throughout some of Melbourne's key transport corridors and maintaining Transurban's reputation as a world class tollway operator.
Predominantly working from our Southbank office and with some presence at the head office in Melbourne CBD's Collins Street, this role will require you to be on site while also working as part of an after-hours on-call roster to support operations. When not on-call, the role offers flexible and hybrid working.
The impact you'll have
- You'll act as an escalation point and provide technology support to our Traffic Control and Operations Centres - you'll maintain applications, operating systems, desktop equipment, server equipment, specialised systems and networked systems.
- Working together, you'll provide guidance and direction to sub-contractors and other teams, to resolve and escalate system faults and conduct maintenance and restoration works.
- You'll ensure our ITS Systems are performing to their availability and reliability targets - you'll monitor them closely and conduct maintenance and system upgrades to keep them operating at their best.
- You'll ensure the operational integrity of all systems by conducting routine system backups and system recovery.
- You'll monitor and maintain all sorts of specialised equipment including tolling system, phone system and two-way radio communication system, data network equipment, surveillance system, traffic flow system and programmable logic controller.
- You'll never stop improving, keeping up to date with emerging technology and always thinking bigger.
The talents you'll bring
- You know your stuff. You've completed either a TAFE, or equivalent trade qualification, in Systems, Electrical, Electronic, or an Engineering Degree in Systems / Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- You will have worked in a similar electrical, electronic or IT system support role maintaining critical systems in a 24/7 operations environment.
- You have hands-on experience with computer equipment maintenance and application software support as well as an understanding of server virtualization (VMWare) concepts, multiple operating systems (Linux and Windows), and networking principles.
- Your experience or understanding of Asset management (spare, configuration and lifecycle) and IT Service Management (incident management, problem management and change management) are advantageous.
- Analytical and incisive and an avid problem solver, you'll spot issues and use your own ingenuity - and that of your team to troubleshoot and triage, applying the same methods across different systems and stakeholders.
- A natural people person, you love communicating, supporting customers and collaborating to solve problems. A strong team player, you enjoy working with your team to support external vendors and coordinate multiple people and achieve goals.
- You're organised, efficient and decisive in in prioritising the tasks that count, pressure doesn't faze you.
- You have a license to drive - you love everything about our roads after all.
- You've worked as part of a collaborative team and you're willing to be part of an on-call rotation.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support through our EAP and wellness facilities.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities through paid volunteer days.
- We'll offer flexible leave, insurance and salary continuance.
- We'll offer you 16 weeks paid parental leave (no waiting period) and paid domestic and family violence leave.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. Previous applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now!